Curious Children Growing Massive Minds

Welcome! We are a large junior school with nearly 600 pupils aged from 7 – 11 years. 80% of our pupils come from Maidenbower with the other 20% living in nearby neighbourhoods. Our school is divided into year groups with five classes in each and each year group has a Team Leader and a team of teachers and support staff. The year groups are situated in their own area of the school and this means that we get to know our children extremely well.

We are very lucky with our facilities; our children enjoy a beautifully maintained school with extra learning areas:

  • 20 classrooms bases
  • 4 additional small group rooms
  • A large, fully equipped assembly/PE hall
  • Each year group has a set of wireless laptops
  • A large well stocked, fully computerised library
  • A large drama studio
  • A music room
  • A fully equipped science lab
  • A food technology room
  • Interactive whiteboards in every classroom
  • Two large tarmac playgrounds
  • A quiet patio and garden area with sun shades
  • Extensive playing fields (4 football pitches)
  • Two activity trails
  • Pupils changing rooms
  • Extensive office accommodation
  • Special support centre for 12 pupils with special educational needs
  • Separate Dining Hall
  • Outdoor Amphitheatre
image-strip

The school is very well resourced with the most up-to-date modern equipment available and excellent IT provision.

Oriel High is the Secondary School serving the Maidenbower area and the majority of our pupils transfer to this school at the end of year 6.

We strive to teach our pupils how to be good citizens of the future by learning through the UNICEF Rights Respecting School programme. We hold international eco-schools status which we are very proud of. We grow our own fruit and vegetables, we cook, we recycle and compost. We have a wind-turbine and solar panels and have even started a small holding with several chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs and the resident school cat, Domino!

Our whole curriculum is aimed at supporting children into becoming enthusiastic, curious and independent learners. Children are fully involved in their learning, they have tools to help them understand their targets and progress and what their next steps are in order to reach their highest potential.

Most of all we are a happy community; we have wonderful children, dedicated staff, supportive families and a forward thinking governing body.

Maidenbower Junior School is committed to providing a caring environment where everyone feels happy, secure and valued and can achieve their full potential.

Therefore we aim to:

  • Provide first-hand experience through a full, varied and structured curriculum where pupils are engaged in their own learning.
  • Offer learning experiences that are appropriate, purposeful and enjoyable.
  • Recognise, celebrate and reward individual effort and achievement in all areas.
  • Provide a positive, stimulating and well-resourced learning environment.
  • Provide opportunities for pupils to work independently, collaboratively and co-operatively
  • Develop and maintain an effective working partnership between school and home.
  • Create and maintain purposeful links between school and the local community
  • Provide equal opportunities for all children regardless of gender, race, ability or creed.
  • Promote and develop moral values and respect for others and the environment
  • Develop independence and motivation in order that children and staff may achieve their potential
  • Provide a wide range of after school clubs that support and complement the curriculum