Skip to content ↓

Headteacher's Welcome

Welcome to the website of Maidenbower Junior School.


I am extremely proud to be the Headteacher of MJS, where our amazing pupils and staff make it a unique school in the heart of the community. We are a large junior school with up to 600 pupils aged from 7 to 11 years. 80% of our pupils are based in Maidenbower, with the other 20% living in nearby neighbourhoods.


At MJS we welcome all pupils into a supportive and inclusive environment, aimed at fulfilling their potential. Pupils tell us that they are part of a safe and nurturing team, where our incredible facilities help create exciting opportunities.


Shared high expectations, an inspiring curriculum and the need to have fun combine to create high outcomes and memorable moments. We listen closely to our pupils and our values; GrowthToleranceResilienceCuriosityRespect and Responsibility underpin school life, preparing pupils for the next part of their journey. We work hard together, reflect together and celebrate together.


MJS prides itself on its inclusive nature. This is epitomised through the exceptional work undertaken in 'The Launchpad', our Special Support Centre (SSC) for autism. With spaces for 16 children with EHCPs for autism, the children have access to expert provision, as well as integrated support in a mainstream classroom. All children with SEND are valued at MJS and we adapt our curriculum and teaching to ensure everyone has the chance to succeed and make progress.


All staff at MJS work exceptionally hard and we expect the same from our pupils. We value every individual within our school community, where all staff, parents and governors are part of a wonderful team that strives for the best future for our children.


This website will give you an insight into the school and also the opportunities that all of our pupils are given. Members of the Leadership Team are present on the playground each day, should you have any questions. If you require further information we highly recommend visiting to see the school 'in action'. Please contact our School Office to arrange a date/time.


Mr Simon Pike






Maidenbower Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect that all staff, governors and volunteers share this commitment. To read our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy, please click here.