- During this period of partial closure this school site continues to be open for the provision of vulnerable pupils and children of key and critical workers. The safeguarding of all our children remains our top priority. At this time, our school will continue as normal in supporting our vulnerable children and if anyone has any questions regarding this they are asked to make contact with the Head teacher at [email protected]. Please contact the school if you have any queries.
Maidenbower Junior School is committed to providing a caring environment where everyone feels happy and valued and achieves their full potential.
Welcome to Maidenbower Junior School
We are a large junior school with nearly 600 pupils aged from 7 – 11 years. 80% of our pupils come from Maidenbower with the other 20% living in nearby neighbourhoods. Our school is divided into year groups with five classes in each and each year group has a Team Leader and a team of teachers and support staff. The year groups are situated in their own area of the school and this means that we get to know our children extremely well.
Maidenbower Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect that all staff, Governors and Parent helpers to share this commitment. To read our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy please click here
We are fortunate in the facilities we have; our children enjoy a beautifully maintained school with extra learning areas:
- 20 classrooms bases
- 4 additional small group rooms
- a large, fully equipped assembly/PE hall
- Four sets of 30 wireless laptops
- brand new fitted and fully computerised library
- a large drama studio
- a music practise room
- a fully equipped science lab
- a food technology room
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom
- Two large tarmac playgrounds
- A quiet patio and garden area with sun shades
- Extensive playing fields (4 football pitches)
- Pupils changing rooms
- Outdoor Amphitheatre
- Extensive office accommodation, including dedicated PPA area
- Special support centre for 12 pupils with special educational needs
- Dining hall