Maidenbower Junior School is committed to providing a caring environment where everyone feels happy and valued and achieves their full potential.

Welcome to Maidenbower Junior School

Welcome to the Maidenbower Junior School website.  I am extremely proud to be the headteacher of MJS, where our amazing staff and pupils make it a unique school in the heart of the community.  We are a large junior school with nearly 600 pupils aged from 7 – 11 years. 80% of our pupils come from Maidenbower with the other 20% living in nearby neighbourhoods.

At MJS we welcome all pupils into a supportive and inclusive community aimed at fulfilling potential.  Pupils tell us that they are part of a safe and nurturing team where our incredible facilities help create exciting opportunities.  Shared high expectations, an inspiring curriculum and the need to have fun combine to create high outcomes and memorable moments. We listen closely to our pupils, and our school values – respect, responsibility, resilience, tolerance, curiosity and growth – underpin school life, preparing pupils for the next part of their journey.  We work hard together, we reflect together and we celebrate together.

MJS prides itself on our inclusive nature.  This is epitomised through the exceptional work undertaken in our Launchpad, which is a special support centre for autism. With spaces for 16 children with EHCPs for autism, the children have access to expert provision as well as integrated support in a mainstream classroom.  All children with SEND are valued at MJS and we adapt our curriculum and teaching to make sure everyone has the chance to succeed and make progress.

All staff at MJS work exceptionally hard and we expect the same from our children. We value every individual within our school community, where all staff, parents and governors are part of a wonderful team that strive to ensure the best future for our children.

This website will hopefully give you an insight into the school and also the opportunities that all of our children are given. Members of the leadership team are on the playground each day if you have any questions.  If there is further information you require then we would highly recommend a visit to see the school in action.  If you wish to visit, please contact the school office to arrange a time.

Maidenbower Junior School  is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and  we expect that all staff, Governors and Parent helpers to share this commitment.  To read our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy please click here


We are fortunate in the facilities we have; our children enjoy a beautifully maintained school with extra learning areas:

  • 20 classrooms bases
  • 4 additional small group rooms
  • a large, fully equipped assembly/PE hall
  • Four sets of 30 chromebooks
  • brand new fitted and fully computerised library
  • a large drama studio
  • a music practise room
  • a fully equipped science lab
  • a food technology room
  • Interactive BenQ TVs in every classroom
  • Two large tarmac playgrounds
  • A quiet patio and garden area with sun shades
  • Extensive playing fields (4 football pitches)
  • Pupils changing rooms
  • Outdoor Amphitheatre
  • Extensive office accommodation, including dedicated PPA area
  • Special support centre for 16 pupils with special educational needs
  • Dining hall